Learning about France and french.
The semester-long semi-intensive program allows students to learn effective and efficient comprehension as well as oral and written expression with a steady rhythm over a period of one semester.
This program is based on the CLA’s referential division of students based on their oral and written abilities and knowledge of French culture. The levels go from A2, B1 to B2based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Cadre européen commun de reference pour les langues, CECR). Also see the descriptions for levels A2, B1 and B2.
Each Candidate’s French level is tested at every session by an entry test that varies by level and follows the levels of the CECR.
The levels obtained by the end of coursework allows students to take the DELF language certification testing.
Classes meet 15 hours per week for a semester of 13 weeks.
Classes can be complimented in a number of ways:
- Personal work in the media center where there are exhaustive works that allow for independent learning, including written, audio and video. These works are available for use on-site and for check-out. The media center also offers internet access, advice and help from librarians in order to advance independently.
- By preparatory classes for B1 certificates.
- By preparatory classes for university studies under the PVU program.
The methods of learning focus on individual progress, encouraging students to actively participate and to live their learning experience by having direct contact with the French way of life.
The semi-intensive semester program also gives students the opportunity to validate their knowledge by the French language diplomas, or Diplome d’Etudes en Langue Française—the DELF.
College students and future college students, interns
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Pass the entry test at the beginning of the session.
2, 3 or 4 weeks in 2019
|From 26/08 to 06/09 : 300 €
From 23/09 to 04/10 : 300 €
From 28/10 to 08/11 : 270 €*
From 25/11 to 06/12 : 300 €
|From 26/08 to 20/09 : 600 €
From 23/09 to 18/10 : 600 €
From 28/10 to 22/11 : 540 €**
From 25/11 to 20/12 : 600 €
2, 3 or 4 weeks in 2020
|From 06/01 to 24/01
From 27/01 to 21/02
From 02/03 to 27/03
From 30/03 to 24/04
From 04/05 to 29/05
From 02/06 to 26/06
From 06/07 to 31/07
From 31/08 to 25/09
|From 06/01 to 17/01
From 27/01 to 07/02
From 02/03 to 13/03
From 30/03 to 10/04
From 04/05 to 15/05
From 02/06 to 12/06
From 03/08 to 28/08
From 31/08 to 11/09